Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oz land

Hello everyone..
It has been such a long time since I posted here..

It is 8.25pm now but the day is still sunny and bright..

Well, first of all, Adelaide is a city of festival and a city of... hmm, on second thought, I think I shall just stop at festival.. haha.

Today will be my 8th day in Adelaide and within this eight days, I have already had my name changed twice. The first one was 'the oh-so-lovely DING LING LOO' and the second one was 'the wow-so-wonderful DING LOO'.
The bank got my name wrong twice, TWICE!!
The lady named Sharon was really nice, she apologized many times and I said "No worries" many times, but actually, i'm quite worried inside because I have a strong feeling that my third card will be LING LING LOO..
But anyway, Ying Fei and her friends got their cards today and as for me, I have to wait for another 5 more days..

I have not been sleeping well for these past seven days either because i'm dead worried that my name will turn into Ling Ling Loo, haha, no i'm just kidding.
It is actually because of the weather. The weather here is really crazy. It might be 41 Celcius today and 20 Celcius the next day.

I am hoping that I will get a new place soon..

Okay, I'm going off now..
I shall update soon alright?
Take care everyone and have a good day!

Ying Loo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girls, I am just a pass-byer from Malaysia as well. I was studying in University of Adelaide during 2007. I am now back in Malaysia for a 3 months holiday. It seems that you guys are having problem searching for places to stay? If you would like to stay in the city, and your budget is around AUD$ 440 to AUD $ 500 per month, I would suggest that you guys can look around on 65 King William Street (Adelaide Tower Apartments). The location there is not too bad. Depending on how many of you sharing, and whether you get a furnished or unfurnished one, the price may varies. I am staying there for the past one year, and not planning to move. My rental for the whole unit a week is AUD$350. We share among 4 of us, that's why we are paying only AUD$350 per person per month. Does it make sense? Anyway, best wishes :)